Clio is ready to go to Silverstone tomorrow. Fingers crossed we have a good day.
Way back in April this year I had a bit of cash doing nothing an I always wanted to own a 916 after watching Foggy winning on one for many years. Unfortunately it looks like I missed the boat on the 916 as the prices were very strong. So started looking at 996s and decided that the later bikes were a better punt for me. You get the later olins rear shocks and other improvements and the prices are still reasonable.
I got one eventually that had been imported from Japan. It had a lot of new service parts fitted by a dealer and I bought it from pictures only, bit of a gamble but it payed off.
They are full of character to ride. Brakes and handling are the best that I’ve ever ridden and once you get it past 4000 rpm it pulls like a train.
A few weeks back while driving to work a Deer came from nowhere and I clipped it with the Porsche. Thankfully it was a low speed affair and not too much damage was done. The front bumper suffered a 10″ split though infront of the offside headlamp and needed something doing about it.
Luckily I found an undamaged 2012 Boxster S bumper on eBay for £90 + delivery. This was then dropped off at a local garage for paint. Swapping it over was pretty straight forward job, old one came off in less than an hour. Swapping the lights and other bit over and refitting took an other hour or so. Looking good again 🙂
After a what will be a 5 year break from this event I’m all booked up to go again this year with a couple of friends.
Determined to try and cram as much into what will be 4 days of BBQ, beer, madness and spectacular close up race action. I need to get fit.
I was asked again today, “how many cars have you had?” by my better half. It’s a sort of standing joke but I couldn’t remember so I had a think and it turns out to be 21 and the 22nd is coming. Not sure if that’s a lot really, I guess it is. My problem is I get board easy and the best part to me feels like hunting down the next one and trying something new.
This is what I’ve had so far:
- Talbot Solara – Given to me for free with a seized engine. Fitted an engine from scrap yard.
- Ford Escort MKIII – Given this too, this one worked. Things looking up
- Volvo 360 – It was gold 😐
- Volvo 480 – Still a Volvo but sporty. Things looking up again
- Fiat Punto – I don’t know why. “never buy an other Fiat David”
- Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0L Auto – had two crashes in it 🙂
- BMW 318is Coupe E36 – Loved this car
- BMW 325i Coupe E36 – Loved this more
- BMW M3 Coupe E36 3.0L – Loved this car but not the service bills
- TVR 400SE – Now we’re talking
- BWM 325i Touring E30 – Mule 1
- Subaru Impreza 5dr 2.0L Sport – Mule 2
- Vauxhall Astra 1.6 – Donkey 1
- TVR Griffith 500 – Oh my ****ing God! Awesome but brittle
- Seat Leon 2.0L Diesel – Mule 3
- Subaru Impreza WRX Sport Wagon Super – Mule well a stallion – why did I sell it 😦
- Ford Granada Dorchester Limo – For scumrun that never happened. It caught fire 😮
- MK Indy – Only half a car really and never finished it
- Vauxhall VX220 – Great handling but gutless after the Griff
- Porsche Boxster S – Very nice car, very refined but lacking character
- Fiat 500 – Current Mule; no mouse, knee jerk reaction to putting Optimax fuel in a skooby and you bought a Fiat David!
- Porsche 911 C4 (993) – Pension fund